Linguistic Quality Assurance
Linguistic Quality Assurance, or LQA, is the process of verifying the accuracy and suitability of an existing translation or localized product.
TextTrans provides this service when the level of confidence in the current translation is not as high as it should be, for whatever reason. This can occur when the initial translation was carried out by a client employee without translation experience, or indeed by a less than reliable translation service provider, without meaningful quality systems and checks.
Linguistic Quality Assurance allows us to:
- Assess the quality of the existing translation according to different criteria (accuracy, completeness, consistency, adherence to brand etc.)
- Determine whether it is fit for purpose
- Identify any risks associated with publishing it in its current state (legal difficulties, lost revenues or damage to reputation)
- Assess consistency with other products or related materials
- Make suggestions or edits to improve the quality, so that it is ready for use
As a translation supplier with years of experience and who has earned the trust and confidence of our client partners, TextTrans is often asked to carry out linguistic quality assurance on existing translations across many content types and verticals and to propose edits and changes to make the content fit for purpose.
As always our goal is to make sure that your stakeholders and audiences receive content that is accurate, fit for purpose and which will achieve the desired impact in Brazil.
To request a quotation click here.
Our Linguistic Quality Assurance solution comprises the following:
- Resource Pool – Access to our experienced pool of professional reviewers and subject matter experts, matched according to their expertise to your products and content
- Variety of Quality Measurement Systems, for example: LISA, TAUS, J2450, Custom etc.
- We have the option of using various quality measurement systems, depending on the type of content
- Quality criteria is influenced by the content type, industry, purpose or format etc
- For example, technical documentation in manufacturing will require accuracy, adherence to industry standard terms, and a high degree of consistency. In contrast, a marketing communications translation in FMCG might be evaluated based on linguistic accuracy, impact and cultural suitability
- Proactive & flexible approach to problem solving
- Dialogue with the client to define what quality means for them
- Terminology & language asset support – TextTrans can help create and approve style guides, brand guides, glossaries if these do not exist already