At TextTrans we believe in using innovative translation technology to provide great quality and service for our clients.
We work with a wide spectrum of partner LSPs (Language Service Providers) and their end clients, and therefore use most of the leading translation technologies on a regular basis.
To keep up to date with the leading tools and latest application versions, we attend regular training courses and webinars, and frequently create our own cheat sheets and quick-access guides for our linguists, to help them to stay well informed, and to provide excellent quality and consistency for our clients.
We are happy to learn about new tools and best practices, and of course, to follow detailed instructions to assure our clients’ satisfaction.
Typical technologies we use include:
- Translation Software (CAT Tools) – to allow us to translate quickly and efficiently and maintain the integrity of the source formats
- Translation Memories – to maximise reuse and consistency of translations, and to reduce cost and time to market
- Client Specific Glossaries – to assure consistency of terminology throughout your content
- Style Guides and Brand Guidelines – to assure our translations are consistent with your overall brand identity and company guidelines
- Spell Checkers – to identify and fix any unintended spelling mistakes
- Automated Quality Assurance Tools – to identify issues relating to inconsistencies, missing or unmodified translations, spelling errors, mismatch in numbers or tags, deviations from key terminology and more
Some of the leading tools we use on a regular basis include:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Alchemy CATALYST
- Déjà Vu
- Idiom WorldServer
- Mac OS
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visio
- Paintshop Pro
- S -Tagger
- SDL Idiom
- SDL Passolo
- SDL Trados
- Star Transit
- TMS experience
- Trados Winalign
- Translation Workspace
- Ultra Edit
- Visual Studio
For more information, and to find out how we can support your internal processes, please contact us here.